Friday 23 December 2022

Threats & 'Geiger Counter' Radiation Detector:

 Isn't it weird how the dumbos worry about lawful gun ownership - when every kitchen has a drawer full of sharp knives ..

NO LICENSE REQUIRED:

Some people don't duck when they hear a loud noise .. They might not even blink.

- Me? - I flinch, blink, and duck for cover while seeking for the threat, - does that make me a coward? - perhaps so - as I'm also sh#t-scared of stuff like chain saws and power bench-saw blades. - It doesn't stop me using them but very carefully.

I guess maybe my survival instinct is self preservation working ... Do you know how the Austrian GSG Anti-Terrorist personnel operate at airports? They carry full-auto Glock 18 pistols and if there is action in a terminal building they draw and fire off a full magazine of 9mm into the air - causing all the innocents to hit the floor ... fast reload with a 30 rounder AND ANYONE STILL STANDING IN THAT SPACE IS DEEMED TO BE A TARGET.

I think it pays to be aware and reactive.

I was once using a Router m/c and the high speed blade 'snatched' the wooden item I was holding & whipped it past the cutter with my fingers gripping it.  - A little blood goes a long way eh and I never saw the original tip of that finger again but it healed over cleanly in a week or so.


Everyone? knows that Russia is at war in Ukraine and that 'The West' NATO & NZ are piling-in with full support for Ukraine. - Some Europeans have moved to AMBER ALERT and are wisely prepping with essential supplies & emergency cooking-heating stuffs.

Others of course are oblivious to possibilities and are doing nothing.

I wouldn't have much idea of which Radiation Detector is the best but anything would be better-than-nothing if the organic stuff hits the fan eh.

'Survival Lilly'  is a sensible vlogger .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxuKvUHRmsY

being based in central EU in GSG country - here testing a range of 'Geiger Counters'.

I bought an affordable one from AliExpress and am very impressed with the quality, packaging and service .. all I need to do is find an old radioactive watch & learn/practice how the meter functions.

YES I know the odds on a nuclear war are 50-50ish .. but the Boy Scouts motto of  'Be Prepared' impresses me, so far as I didn't have to scramble to buy toilet rolls in our last three EARTHQUAKES - or didn't need anything else come-down-to-it.

You see folk asking in U S "What is the best gun for self defense?" and a sometime wise reply is "Bring what you got".

- What "YOU got"? .. plenty of toilet tissue?

Marty K.

2 comments:

  1. As you say, if/when the excrement contacts the rotary atmospheric turbulator the rat poo will be easily distinguishable from the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try my coffee? .. actually I grind my own-make decent brew. Stay Happy.

      Delete