Thursday 1 August 2019

Police Relations Trolled:

For over 30 years I have been proud to count serving police officers - especially Firearms Officers - as trusted friends in the Christchurch district.

Several young guys who I have respected as work mates - and school friends of my kids went-on to be fine front-line officers around the country .. and I always felt that I - having proved to be a 'FIT AND PROPER PERSON' as a fully endorsed shooter, collector, and sometime dealer - had something in common with these trusted law enforcement officers.

We often met and talked in armories and various shooting ranges .. I especially sadly miss one pistol shooting senior detective - father to another Firearms Officer - who passed far too young.

- Now this:
The embittered senior officer who chose this public way to state his hostility and disrespect for New Zealand's firearms community may have spent too much time in the company of the criminal underclass.

This same police leader made submissions that have influenced recent new punitive anti-gun legislation.

- Perhaps this can now be reviewed and reconsidered by our politicians.

Marty K.



No comments:

Post a Comment