Wednesday 25 December 2019

A Miracle Knockdown Gun:

.. So the fact is that there's no such magic thing .. there ain't no unicorns out there worth engraving your heart on.
BUT - if you go with reality and work at improving your performance in every part you may achieve the best you are good for.

Rifles and Shotguns are much more effective and useful for hunting - than my favourites the handguns .. Whatever you choose I'd urge you to buy the best quality that you can - in a caliber that you enjoy shooting.
Beautiful Quality .. Heavy Too:

 - Certainly 'bigger & hotter' may make a greater impact down range - but if you flinch a bit or get a sore shoulder or start to lose your hearing .. is that a win? - Loud noises - especially BANGS & BOOMS might impress some folk but mostly will only hurt your hearing.

IF you have a pistol that hurts your hands .. you might try rolling-on a prophylactic rubber grip sleeve or changing the grips for a set of 'Hogues'. - If the dollars are an issue you might cut a length of bicycle inner tube to fit over the hard stocks.

.. I am no expert ... I've done most of the cock-ups that we usually tend to stay quiet about. - I had an 'A.D.' with a 12 gauge double barrel shotgun years ago when I stumbled in a frozen ploughed field .. it was an old "hammer gun" and one barrel went off as I tried to stay on my feet .. my mate Frank reckoned that he felt the wind of the shot pass through his hair.

SAFETY FIRST.

Train and practice on range at every opportunity by making it fun. Make sure you practise the right stuff .. don't practice & ingrain bad habits.

Competition both formal and casual with friends really helps by adding some stress into the mix.


If the cost of ammunition is a big issue - 'DRY FIRING' works very well to improve performance when done safely.

If you need corrective lenses/glasses .. bloody well get some. - I'm not vain. (You should be wearing safety glasses anyway).
Just about everyone can squeeze a trigger - but strong fingers & hand muscles help remove the shakes - I use my red Gripmaster  while watching the TV screen .. maybe you might build up your arm strength by holding a full can of cold Kilkenny out at arms length .. I'm not vain.

Buying and owning a gun does not make you a shooter. - Listening, Reading, Training, - Attention to Safety, - a calm attitude and PRACTICE will go some way.

- Natural ability and good hand-eye coordination helps a lot.

- Stay away from STUPID. - He's an OK guy .. but not around guns.

Marty K.

No comments:

Post a Comment