Sunday 2 April 2023

Three Calibers in ONE Gun:

 A second-hand gun can be a great 'Buy' - or - in USA - a "Goodbye" to an assailant ..

For years now I have watched for new input from Tamara Keel - & this piece is bloody interesting (provided you are interested in the rights to SELF DEFENSE as retained by some U S residents).

https://www.recoilweb.com/the-multi-caliber-glock-solution-for-ammo-panics-hail-hydra-167337.html?fbclid=IwAR0t-8JL1tBTz1-rgWQJBgcDg6n1BcSDuFUDULGXtLkhuCTytE4-fhn86po

Her used 'Custom' Glock .. I don't get this stippling thing in the States

- BUT I DO get the value of caliber versatility eh .. Tamaras' story is about one of her Glock pistols that operates in .40" S&W, 9x19mm, and .357" Sig..

Never tried it as in her story but I have run .40" S&W in pistols designated as 10mm Auto ... and I have an affair going with my 4 inch Ruger SP 101 revolver that sings in 327 Federal Magnum - 32" H&R Magnum - .32" Long - & .32" 'Short'.

- Before NZ Police made it "illegal" I also had fun loading this gun with home made "duplex" cartridges that pushed-out both a conical bullet and a round ball into the black circle cardboard with each trigger pull. - The semi-rim .32"ACP can be fired in this revolver but you need a stick to poke-out the fired brass .. If I may count the duplex 327 Mag and the duplex 32 H&R Mag as additional separate calibers that would be seven different choice rounds from one revolver eh.

I also - way back in time - developed duplex rounds for my 10 mm Glock that printed lovely "snake-eyes" on target at around 15 metres .. very fun for IPSC style shooting until the local Director discounted them.

Incidently - an authorised NZ Police 'examiner' once declared authoratively that there was "NO SUCH THING AS 327 FEDERAL MAGNUM" - until I silently directed his gaze to the barrel markings on my stainless steel revolver ..

HEY HO ...

I like to point-out that the "mouse-gun" THIRTY-TWO caliber .. in either rimless auto or revolver rimmed style is in reality an 8 mm caliber that I reckon has a huge future ahead in a high pressure cartridge - maybe in a bottle neck round I'd call a 9mm case necked-down to 8mm. - Remember that this sized hole is the same as the old .303" British and the Russian "AK47" and the so called "30 Caliber" rifle rounds.

I have two American 'GO TO' writers who KNOW THAT OF WHICH THEY SPEAK  -

GREG ELLEFRITZ and TAMARA KEEL

As my mate 'J' likes to say "Google is your friend".

Life is good,

Marty K.




2 comments:

  1. I determined that a G35 could run .40S&W, .357Sig, 9mm and .22LR with an Advantage Arms sub calibre kit and a Lone Wolf replacement barrel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be correct - Have you tried the Advantage Arms conversion? I had one that worked great for a while but became inconsistent & they are hard to find - plus pricey.
      The Glock G 44 works well for me. Cheers

      Delete