Thursday, 8 October 2026

Err What?

 Would you like to discuss whether DARK MATTER consists of Black Holes, Axions, Dark Photons, - or WIMPS (Weakly Interacting Massive Particles)? - I'm KIDDING, I'm KIDDING.

So .. I've been at it again .. It's Mine, my Precious. - Inlaid pistols are pretty things .. Eye candy I guess, - but some are made-up as 'Wallhanger' decorations, just pushed together from random components with bits of faux bone, ivory or nacre glued on the surfaces. We need to be wary.


The vendor said he thought it might be Arabic, and I didn't have a clue .. But I did think it does not seem to be a flashy tourist shop special .. as it has a captive swivelling ramrod, a wedge holding the stock, a hinged Butt Cap Trap, plus a lot of ornate bone inlays, - and is that English style engraving on a Back-Action Lock behind a twist-Damascus barrel? - As received, the hammer nearly held on fullcock, but I thought I saw GOLD wire bands ..
GOLD WIRE BANDS and solid gold? FRONT SIGHT fixed on a Fine Twist Damascus Barrel .. Engraved Screwheads? - I likee. (I even poked the Endoscope up it's hole & it's fine)


TRIGGER GUARD: This thing was not just "knocked together" ..

I removed the lock and scrubbed it in kerosene and found that the rear Bridle screw was loose .. After tightening and reassembly it all works well.
English Back-Action Lock Mechanism.


I pushed Google AI for identification and it's first guess was ''Ottoman" - then Afghan Pashtun (Khyber Pass) - Afridi Jezail style, but after I posted more detail images it cancelled all that - and was unshakeably certain that this is a "classic" SINDI Holster Pistol from The Sindh Region of southern Pakistan - dating from 1860.
AI maintains "Beyond doubt" - this pistol is built to a high standard in SINDH, using an English Back Action Percussion Lock with a .550 inch 28 Bore Damascus Twist Barrel with cavalry style Swivel Ram-Rod, dated to 1860-65 ... Small inlaid Camel Bone Dice or 'Circle-Dot' square plaques. - I counted 87 individual handcut camel bone inlays. ( I have interrogated AI about this assessment from multiple angles.)

The 1860-65 date follows the 1857 UPRISING, and the East India Company replacement by The British RAJ, The Indian Arms Act of 1860 - when prohibited from making military style weapons by this administration .. crafsmen focused onto decorative personal defence arms.

Moi? - I am not 100% but there you go .. English Birmingham LOCKWORK & Gold embellished Barrel, - the heavy Damascus Twist barrel may well have been bought-in from LIEGE Belgium cannoneurs for boring in Birmingham .. then shipped to the Indian Continent where a STOCK was skillfully carved and decorated by a local, but I like it anyway.

What will I buy next?
Life is Good

FIREARMS LICENCES ESSENTIAL FOR NZ POLICE.
Why should anyone be exempt?
Marty K.









No comments:

Post a Comment