Friday 24 January 2014

MUGGER KILLED BY BULLET BOUNCE FROM VICTIMS HEAD

USA, December 14, around 11 pm - a group of young muggers surrounded their unnamed victim and demanded his cellphone and other valuables - This was in 'Bernal Heights', San Francisco, USA.  The victim did not resist but while most of the group were checking his pockets for loot, - one of them pulled a handgun and fired at the accosted man. The bullet struck him in the face - but ricocheted off and struck another of the muggers 16 year old Clifton Chatman  killing him instantly. The muggers fled the scene - leaving their dead mugger mate and the wounded robbery victim to be found by the police. The wounded man was hospitalised and has survived his injuries. - Police have arrested another 16 year old in connection with the crime.

No further information about those involved - nor any details of the weapon or caliber used are known. I'd heard of the bouncing bomb - but this is silly. However, I have read of other incidents where head-shots failed to seriously wound (- seriously? -that's not the right word.)
 This is NOT the gun used in the story above - I just thought it displays a similar theme to the muggers - and I especially liked the makers name above the grip "Desere eAgle  50." ** 

I checked maybe a dozen online reports of this story looking for facts - and they all included different photos of the reporters idea of a meaningful image - hooded muggers ( one with a revolver, two other pictures with autos, one 'auto' seemed to have a front sight red-dot facing forward, another picture of three magnum revolver rounds , and one had a street scene of young coloured guys. - So I've inserted my chosen image!

 ** I actually once saw a real IMI 'Desert Eagle' blow apart on the range - this shooter was uninjured - only his pride was hurt! - Such a great big clunky lump of metal, - I'm told they make good paper-weights when gold-plated.

- Here's another tale from "Only in America" -  'East Baton Rouge' Louisiana dated November 13, 2013. Law Enforcement Officers pulled-over an armed suspect and this is what they discovered when checking his gun:

Yup - you've spotted it - magazine loaded with the cartridges pointing backwards!

Now if only they could get that to fire backwards too it would help clean their gene-pool a little.




Aghh - is that a little mean-spirited of me? - May the Flying Spaghetti Monster place them under the care of his noodly appendage.

Marty K.
After researching & writing 1,036 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1. to get all this stuff from New Zealand - over a year that's nearly the price of one Shooting magazine. - Am I worth it?

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16618870

No comments:

Post a Comment