Tuesday 27 November 2018

Hand Power Penetration & Ballistic GELATIN:

This link is something of a 'follow-up' video from UK about old tech ARROWS released from bows and crossbows - into Ballistic Gel. - for we shooters familiar with the  FBI's thinking on penetration and effectiveness .. (Recommended 16 inches).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSNNSh4Fuh8

This guy Tod's Workshop is GOOD.



Well I'm completely lost in my thinking here .. Energy Levels are so low compared to firearms - but I have no doubt about these old tools possessing STOPPING POWER.

Calculated ballistic energy levels cannot be the full answer - as what about sectional density, shape, cutting-edge-surface and momentum? .. I'm lost.

.. but there's more to 'ONE SHOT STOPS' than meets the eye eh (.45" v 9 mm 😈😈),
Marty K.
After researching & writing 1,036 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1. to get all this stuff from New Zealand - over a year that's nearly the price of one Shooting magazine. - Am I worth it?

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16618870

No comments:

Post a Comment