Thursday 31 October 2019

Submissions To Arms Bill (2nd Tranche);

I spent much of yesterday Thursday 31st watching oral presentations to this committee from Christchurch ..

I watched our local Pistol Club President explain the clubs concerns about "misguided changes and unintentional consequences" - and I did witness a further series of well considered objections and helpful alternatives, proposed by a dozen or more experienced licensed shooters who know that what they are talking about.

 - It was interesting that I personally knew five of those addressing the panel.. illustrating how long I have been competing and enjoying various shooting related interests here in New Zealand.

- I did not hear any speaker support the govt's hurried changes to New Zealand's long serving firearms regulations. - However there was an 'on-line Troll' called Marjory MacLean making angry & inane anti-gun one-line comments on Facebook - that I was pleased to observe everybody just ignored.

I don't have any numbers to hand - but IF most of the submissions were as those I personally saw being made .. and if there is any such thing as justice - the current legislation should be withdrawn and wholly reconsidered.

 - But of course there isn't actually any such thing as political justice.

Marty K.

No comments:

Post a Comment