Sunday 24 May 2020

Massad Ayoob On Safe Carry & My Favourite Things:

"whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens"

Some of my favourite American things are Greg Ellefritz (Weekend Knowledge Dump) & Massad Ayoob .. both are writers of fact based common sense .. Link:

https://www.tactical-life.com/lifestyle/tactics/10-commandments-of-concealed-carry/#10-commandments-of-concealed-carry-1

This photo image says much about U S society - but I won't comment...

I've been called "politically naive" a few times - I guess that's a price I have to pay for trying to focus on fact-truth-function rather than political expedience ..

.. Nah - I've GOT to comment. - If you are so aware of your ongoing safety that you get a handgun and your 'carry permit' in the States - please also pay attention to safety's life partner .. your Health.

These folk are at least training & learning eh - It fascinates me that while nobody would buy a bassoon for example and then think that they were a musician .. nor even would a billionaire buy a helicopter and announce that he was now a pilot - but many U S citizens buy a handgun thinking that they are then defensively capable ..
___________________

I'm a little shy in showing too many of my favourite things as one needs to 'keep a little back' .. while I recently passed some old collectables to my favourite auctioneers ..

But here are some of my different favourite 'paper punchers' ..
 Four Rugers - a .45" Percussion 'Old Army', two SP101's in .22" & 327 Fed. Magnum
a pretty .22" S/A and a Glock G19x.

Favoured Tools - Folders & Fixed - Mostly Low-Cost ..

- None of these is selected because it is 'perfect' but each is designed to function well .. I'm interested & perplexed by what is it that makes me value and learn about such tools .. while many other folk go on oblivious to many of life's possibilities?

- Yet Another of Life's Many Mysteries .. why have I always liked things made of copper - perhaps because I couldn't afford gold?

Copper-ware LASTS .. it doesn't rust like steel .. it doesn't weaken and fall apart after a year like plastics - slugs & snails hate it - and it kills superbugs & viruses on contact. And it's beautiful to see.



Some Of My Useful COPPER Treasure 
 - The large cylinder at back is my 'log basket'
.. I made the wee bowl 62 years ago at school

I just like old copper - I even strangely enjoy occasionally cleaning it ... can I be psychoanalysed?

Marty K.
A Proud member & supporter of Sporting Shooters Association NZ.






No comments:

Post a Comment