Wednesday 10 March 2021

Eco Army Bikes .. Better Than Tanks:

 I got my 'Bighorn' e-bike up over 70+ kph on the way home today .. on a downhill stretch - but I am nearly 77 y.o. with a clapped-out ticker - I've had the bike just one week so might be impressively faster in a further month or two - not that speed records are the aim.

I'm Up To around An Hour Every Other Day on Rural Roads @ Level 3 Assist.
But I can handle it as long as there's decent coffee later.

This Watt Wheels m/c is built like a tank and it rides like the wind - without frightening the local horses, sheep, deer, steers and Jersey cows. I have great chats with those gentle lady cows as I roll past their paddock - but the distrustful young deer back away - the beef steers & fat wooly buggers just ignore me - & bunny rabbits dive for cover.

- So what's wrong with that? - I talk to cows and I like guns ..

I guess that a Defense Forces version would have the battery charger attached plus mounting brackets for the attack swarm-drones and LAW anti-armor rocket tubes but infantry would sling their M-16 rifles and holster their Glock 17s - keeping them close.  NZ is said to have 435 armored vehicles - but a couple of 66mm shoulder-mounted rocket launchers strapped above each bikes back wheel is well capable and much cheaper to maintain eh.

Swiss Army Infantry:
U S Version:

- I couldn't enjoy a push-pedal bike lately for all the panting & puffing .. but the e-bike gives me a boost whenever I need help and is clocking-up the K's in the dry Autumn days.

I know our NZDF military have been trialing UBCO 2x2 bikes that would be capable of shifting heavier loads on broken ground and for use in a recon role ..
- Maybe I should buy one of these kiwi UBCO too?
Bigger batteries, - 2 Wheel Drive & No Peddling

Marty K.




No comments:

Post a Comment