Tuesday 20 May 2014

Joe Fyffe (Rear Admiral) - & a "handy" padlock.

Wouldn't you like to be remembered for doing this !! - From a US Savings Bonds Advert. -scanned from a 1956 (Sept.) American Rifleman Magazine. - Talk about 'bloody minded'. - Yes!

 
I Think That's a giggle.
 
 I wonder if it sold many Bonds? - I actually found this set of five early American Rifleman bound into a book on a stall for $8 - bargain I thought.
 
- Talking about 'bargains' - when I bought my Ruger 10-22 it was already set-up with a plated telescopic sight and a matching shiny silencer screwed on the barrel - I did my usual laugh at the asking price and joked that would he stop mucking-about and tell me the real price.
 
                                Stainless Ruger 10-22 - good looking and practical
                             - The recoil-pad is to lengthen the butt(and protect it)!
 
 -  then I remembered to ask for the carton, instruction book etc. - Well, the 'etc.' turned-out to be a Ruger branded padlock with a long shackle and some sort of security bracket.
 
Now - bear in mind that the NZ Police advise us citizens not to confront robbers - but to back-off and telephone emergency 111 - and then wait to see if they can respond sometime soon. 
- However, should you have a firearm stolen - don't be surprised if they decide to cancel your firearms licence due to your failure to maintain adequate security!
 
 -It's good to know that if any misguided "Goblin" tries to steal my 10-22 rifle while I'm around - I've got the Ruger padlock to stop him getting away with it eh.
 
                                                        Handy - Thanks Bill
 - It fits neatly into a pocket - no worries.
 
Marty K

No comments:

Post a Comment