Tuesday 5 September 2017

Shooting Left Handed:

Apparently both Queen Elizabeth II and 😈The Devil ðŸ˜ˆ are, like me - Left Handed.

- But don't panic - as so were Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Charle Darwin, Michelangelo & de Vinci.
SHE Likes To Hear THE GUNS On Her Birthday.

Strange to see - but that my 'ex', my clever daughter, & I .. makes three out of the four of us "lefties".

It seems that some 12% of homo sapiens are ( all kangaroos actually are too) - left-handed.
-"Lead with The Right".


For my first seven years at school - unsmiling nuns in black robes and wimples whacked my knuckles with rulers to convert me to the right path .. only to be later followed by black gowned Jesuits who insisted that only ITALIC calligraphy be used for five years more - impossible for the left-handed - & that ruined my writing.. 

Left Handed or Sinister people were thought to be odd and evil - and more likely to be criminals & nutters - but like some other minority we have lately been forgiven -  rehabilitated even .. but that doesn't make it any easier to shoot a right-handed bolt-action rifle eh.

I try to stick to semi-autos rather than Bolt-Actions generally - but even they can puff gas in your face at every shot - as well as flicking the hot brass cases just past your (left-handed) nose.

STAG ARMS Do a Left-Handed AR - & My Just Right Carbine Is Convertible.

I've never really found handguns a problem to shoot with either hand (Other than being an "ambidextrous flincher" (that's with both eyes shut!) - as you learn to be adaptable when you hang-on-the-left .. and many recent iterations are partly ambidextrous controlled.

I have an otherwise excellent SOG 'FLASH II ' spring assist' folding knife that is definitely better handled with the right-hand
.. as it's blade retains a good edge and opens very positively once started. - Don't get me wrong here - it is readily opened  & controlled left-handed -but manipulating the other controls is R.Hd.
My SOG has the TANTO Blade.

- It's all relative anyway - ask 'lefty' Einstein ... when you look at us down in the Southern Hemisphere .. we might all be "back-to-front" or upside-down..
Marty K.

No comments:

Post a Comment