Thursday 30 August 2018

August 31st 2018 NYPD Ends Revolver Use:

By now the 29 remaining six-gunner New York Cops will have had three range days in the Bronx to practice their changeover skills to semi-autos.
Bronx 'Rodmans Neck' NYPD Range Has Noise Complaining Neighbors.

An interesting watershed in handgun usage I guess .. but not really "a sad day". Their authorized carry arms are Glock 17, Glock 19, and SIG 226 .. all having the heavy NY trigger pull of 10 pounds and the Glocks carry only 15 rounds (including the modified G17 gun).

Excellent weapons that will do the job. The real issue here is a serious need for the guys all to regularly TRAIN & PRACTICE with their choice weapon.

While I enjoy handling and shooting my Ruger SP101 revolvers in 327 Federal Magnum & .22 R/F - as they are fine shooting aesthetic works-of-art, in superb calibers - were I to be in a front line position my Glock 17 would be reassuringly to hand - perhaps with a revolver for back-up.

-  Glocks work .. but so do Ruger's revolvers - so I might have to fit two nice leather holsters on my heavy leather belt.



Marty K.

1 comment:

  1. Great post i got lots of information from here. Thanks for sharing this post with us. If you are looking for Defensive Carry In USA then contact us.

    ReplyDelete