Saturday 20 November 2021

Uh Oh .. is The 'BIG ONE' on it's way ..?

 We ain't seen nothing yet .. 

The Collapsed CTV Building:

I'm noticing that many folk would rather just not talk or think about the truly big issues in life ..

The weather .. yesterday's game - sure, or how about the buses or the cost of groceries are all acceptable topics .. but corrupt Prime Ministers .. MASSIVE Nuclear Arsenals or the long overdue big Southern Alpine Fault Earthquake ?? .. "Nah Mate - forget about it 'cos there's nothing we can do eh"..

EMERGENCY happenings often prove the value of the law abiding ownership of guns for providing and retaining wild harvested foods.

RABBIT CASSEROLE:

I keep a pantry with shelves loaded with cans and dried foodstuffs - I've even got 6 x 2.5 liter bottles of water in there (plus a 1,000 liter rainwater tank outside (toilet paper substitute for the great unwiped?). - a carton of reserve beer regularly rotated is another essential 'back-up' fluid eh.

Only keep stuff that you do eat - & cycle it through regular meals .. there's no value in having a packet of dry beans at the back of the shelf for 12 years and then expecting to eat them when needed - as it will be something like chewing rocks ..

Now .. I buy 1 kg. bags of roast coffee beans three at a time because I'm a real coffee addict - so I keep a supply at hand ready to grind fresh three or four times a day .. But what about if the power & water & sewage & transport & phones & TV & internet are all munted ?

A Trangia lightweight Alcohol Stove:

Now That's a Nice Pair .. A Decent Hand Mill & Stove Top Percolator ..

 - Next to my electric coffee grinder is an efficient hand grinder - and next to my electric jug is a wee alcohol stove and a camping kettle. - In my living room is a log-burner that has a cooking top & it is bolted to the floor - while the wood shed has more than one season's supply of dry firewood.

I reckon that I could live comfortably here for weeks on vegetables from my garden plus what I've got stored in the pantry - plus my scoped & silenced Ruger 10-22 rabbit rifle - without needing any supermarket trips to fight over toilet paper.

- I surely do understand that not everybody has the choice - but why would you live in a city where EVERYTHING you need for life can be turned-off instantly by circumstance or intent?

Duplicated Redundancy is a "belt & braces" meme for a secure life. - If  I was to survive the disaster but my home was totally demolished .. I'd have the garage .. if the garage is destroyed there's always the car .. or I have a couple of sheds to shelter in .. if the sheds are destroyed I can sling my hammock from the strong fence posts in a corner of the garden under a tarp ..

The good old THERMETTE or 'Kelley Kettle':

 I have a gas fired camping cooker - & a gas fired barbecue .. a twig fueled camping stove, a few alcohol burners, a couple of folding Meta Fuel stoves as emergency back-ups. - Be aware that those Metacetaldehyde  fuel tablets are seriously toxic if ingested .. wash your hands eh.

Emergency 'META' Pocket Stove:

I guess that being interested in staying healthy and comfortable can be a sort of hobby when you truly like being alive eh.

NZ gets earthquakes & big winds, UK gets floods, snow, PM Johnston, and they store tons of plutonium, USA is big enough to get all of that despite having only 5 percent of the planets population but that's including Trump.

Even small intellects such as squirrels work hard storing nuts - while bears store-up body fat before the fall. - Farmers plan to store grains & hay for winter - but some city folk queue-up looking for fries with whatever,  when they get hungry.

Marty K.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment