Monday 1 November 2021

Plastic Perfection Practical Partners .. Spelt with a 'G'.

 I really value my Glock G19X .. well I highly score all the Glocks that I've shot - apart from a very early 'compensated' G17L Long-Slide which I never 'clicked' with & that cracked it's barrel at one of the compensator cuts .. No compensator ever worked for me nor enhanced my IPSC results. 


Might there be some biomechanical  'sweet spot' of the G19X ergonomics at work - with the full size grip frame resonating with the 9mm recoil from the shorter slide assembly? 

- There certainly is plenty of room on the handle for my fist and the trigger reach puts my squeezer where I'm comfortable.

- My tan G19X is such a sweet shooting gun that it deserves a special reward to show my appreciation. I did buy a G44 .22" rimfire to keep it company in the gun safe - but that's not truly in the same class as the G19X - despite it working hard to keep-up it remains a bit of a lightweight with it's 10 round magazines eh.

So I bought a cheapish Casio G-Shock Yellow-White Special Color DW 5600TGA-9 watch. This watch makes me laugh .. it's like horror boxer Butterbean dressed as a Barbie-doll (I bet that would sell).

Other Colors Are Available ..
- Well the stupid watch makes me smile - and it's made as strong & simple as a Glock .. it is affordable and it works as dependably as a Glock too .. And it's got 'ABSOLUTE TOUGHNESS' printed on it so it must be good eh. - Both tools are practical & robust (tactical if you will - but I'd prefer utilitarian) for edc.

However you look at it .. 'polymer' for one & "resin" for the other - they both show appropriate use of engineering plastics and are time proven from the mid 1980's.

In the early days - about forty years back - G.Ges. used to get it's salesmen to throw their pistol onto the concrete and whack that Austrian Army Gen.1 gun with a lump hammer .. chasing it about demonstrating how tough & unmarked it was and still shot "perfectly" .. I did it a few times but got a bit nervous in the end. But I never did have a helicopter available to throw one out of.

- And I've read tales from a couple of watch reviewers of throwing their DW5600 'G-Shocks' at walls and rolling over them with their truck wheels - so that makes another pairing for the brave or stupid eh.

So is a G-SHOCK watch the Glock for Time Lords? - Certainly this gear is not for snobby buggers.

I don't need a "smartwatch" or 'blue-tooth connectivity' .. no atomic time-keeping, GPS, or 'complications'. (nor do I want a 'reflex' red dot sight stuck on top or a torch hanging underneath the Glock).

It seems these clever folk have sold more than 100 Million G-Shock watches - so either in Coyote Tan or special yellow-white livery - both tools are modern "classics" .. there likely are around 9 Million Glocks built so far.

Look - If it makes you happy - DO IT - we are only here for a while eh - and smiling makes you feel better every time - and you can practice any time.

Marty K.



MK.







No comments:

Post a Comment