Saturday 21 June 2014

IPSC Shot-Timer Smart-Phone Apps:

I've used several different brands of 'SHOT TIMER' for competition use in Practical Shooting - and way back when I was hopeful of being competitive - for training practice. A quality Shot-timer may also be connected to control turning targets etc.-  They all worked well for me - other than:

 A/- The bloody battery would almost always be flat when needed: and..

B/- My timer used to record two shots for each  round fired until I cured the bouncing shot sound in our underground range by hanging carpet loosely from top-to-bottom on the range side walls to absorb the echo.

- However there is a 'new kid on the block' - a 'Shot-Timer App' for smart-phones.

There seems to be at least a dozen options available by Googling and they are mostly free.


- At this point in the discussion I have to point-out that my real knowledge of such Apps is even less than my usual smidgeon - as I don't own a "smart-phone" - because I'm too un-smart to bother with one! - However - if you use a smart-phone and have got a shot-timer App loaded - please let us know how well it works for you (add a comment to the post). Cheers.

Marty K

No comments:

Post a Comment