Friday 20 June 2014

Pastafarians Licence Photos Questioned:

I have to 'fess-up that for many years I maintained that If I was to ever support an organised religion - it would be The Salvation Army as they actually seem to go out and try to help folk by running shelters and feeding them etc. - And despite their name- I don't believe that they've ever started or supported a war anywhere.

- Any way - I hereby announce that my allegiance has shifted to the Pastafarians, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Here in New Zealand a wise gentleman has required that his drivers-license photo be recorded with him wearing on his head - the religiously significant symbol of his religion - a spaghetti- strainer.

Our NZ officials seemed to have respected Russells religious sensitivities completely - as reported on our TV after the 6.00 o'clock TV3 news.

However - over 'The Ditch' in South Australia, an Adelaide man - Guy Albon has attempted to insist on his Pastafarian faith being equally recognised on his Firearms Licence:


Problem: - Guy reports that his four guns and firearms licence have been confiscated by police after they noticed his licence photo when he was renewing endorsements for pistol shooting.

The misguided  Police are insisting that Guy undertake a psychological test ( - he passed) and get another photograph taken without his pasta-strainer headwear. The Australian Police have warned Mr Albon that if he went to get another photo with the colander - his guns would once again be confiscated.

Guy says that his Drivers Licence will be due for renewal shortly and he will wear his colander once again. - Quote: "What are they going to do - take my car away?"

I am going to buy my own personal pasta-strainer at first opportunity - but regret that my licences are all up-to-date.

 - But I will make my personal pastafarian headwear available to any locals needing it for their car or firearms licence.

Marty K



No comments:

Post a Comment