Tuesday 5 August 2014

California Quail Again:



I have just been on the phone with "Cutters" who was asking how every little thing was going - the short answer was "- Still Waiting".

 - Still waiting for my Just Right 9mm Carbine. (from Auckland)
 - Still waiting for my Ruger SP101 .22"RF Revolver. (from America via Auckland)
 - Still waiting for 500 copper-plated 147gn 9mm pills.(from South Africa via Christchurch)
 - Still waiting for a response from NZ Customs Service with their decision regarding seizure of my two wee coil-springs imported from Brownells USA for the revolver.(from Auckland)

- But I have got my Hogue Monogrips for the SP101 revolver!

Then I glanced-up at movement in my garden and what should I see but a covey of eight California Quail hurrying across to a position under a weed 'cherry-plum' tree that has just burst into flower (white) on the fence-line. -It must be Spring allready.


Well of-course I grabbed my camera and carefully moved to a position in the window where I might get a decent shot - and - there you go - still bloody waiting - as the batteries were flat !!

- No, there's ten of them and they seem to have a couple of orange-beaked black-birds and a sparrow acting as out-riders while they busy themselves feeding - and one is standing guard on the raised asparagus bed. - I managed to get the camera working but the shots that I got aren't worth showing.

So that's brilliant - quail are pretty wee fellows and have cheered me up no end when combined with Cutters phone call.

Good luck to them eh.

Marty K

No comments:

Post a Comment