Saturday 16 August 2014

Spring-Kit for Ruger SEIZED & NZ Customs Service.


I have to sadly report that NZ Customs Service - through their Comptroller of Customs, Carolyn Tremain - has refused my application for Review of Seizure of my two small springs to adjust the trigger pressure of my long awaited Ruger SP101 .22"RF Revolver. -  Ms Tremain claims that my springs were made by a firearms manufacturer Wilson Combat - which I doubt.

In a thoroughly researched letter - The Comptroller does advise that I might appeal this seizure of my $8.95 springs by lodging in advance a fee of $410.00.
 

Carolyn also offers further sound advice in her two page letter - that I should in future apply for a Permit To Import prior to ordering parts from overseas.

 I shall not be appealing this seizure as it is not economically sound to spend $410 to attempt retrieve $9 worth of coil springs - and I have anyway located a similar after-market replacement spring imported into New Zealand - artfully hidden inside a BIC ball-point pen !

- I intend to use this imported spring as a gun-part fitted into my revolver at first opportunity - provided Ms Tremain, - Comptroller of Customs - does not send a team into The Hurunui to seize it first.


 Spring is sprung - the grass is ris,
 I wonder where the birdies is.
The Power Of a Spring 
Marty K

No comments:

Post a Comment