Sunday 27 August 2017

Generation 5 Glocks Arriving:

Thanks To 'RECOIL' For The Superb Images.
(What An Excellent Site)
The new Glocks are on the way to Distributors for the end of this month (August) .. showing some 20 differences:
AMONG THE CHANGES THAT YOU'LL SEE ON THE GEN 5 ARE...
- NO FINGER GROOVES
- AMBIDEXTROUS SLIDE STOP & MAGAZINE RELEASE
- FLARED MAGAZINE WELL
- MARKSMAN BARREL (TRADITIONAL RIFLING WITH MATCH CROWN)
- NEW nDLC FINISH (SIMILAR TO BLACK NITRIDE)
- G42 / G43 STYLE TRIGGER / FIRING PIN SAFETY SYSTEMS

Coloured magazine follower may be more useful than my first cynical Reaction!
New Gen.5 Rifling
My first thoughts are that the new barrel rifling may reduce leading & make it possible to shoot cast lead pills, - the orange magazine 'followers' might be useful as a bright indicator flag to show "empty" - if you haven't noticed.
- and mate "J" is well pleased that there are no finger grooves to mismatch his fingers.
The RECOIL website has a detailed piece on the new generation 5 guns: Link

20 Changes .. But Still  GLOCKS - Guns That Work.
- All the way from the first generation guns in 1982 - they have all performed well. This goes to show that thought and careful quality control will make millions! I don't know of any better modern  'WORKING GUN'. 
I well remember repeatedly slamming into my demonstrator G17 on the concrete floor with a heavy hammer back in the late 80s - and getting no takers to my offer to test any other auto or revolver the same way. 😈😈
Marty K.

After researching & writing 1,036 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1. to get all this stuff from New Zealand - over a year that's nearly the price of one Shooting magazine. - Am I worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment