Friday 27 October 2017

The Bullet's Flight - F W Mann, 1909:

Old mate Rod pushed me towards this classic early ballistics book when commenting on one of my scribbles - Link:
https://flicense.blogspot.co.nz/2017/09/mushrooming-or-expanding-jacketed.html

- I bought a used copy from Amazon USA and it's just landed in the foothills of our New Zealand Southern Alps.
.. where I've started to read it - and I'm very impressed by the thorough records and inquisitive mind of the author Franklin Ware Mann (1856-1916) who grew up on a farm and started shooting at the age of twelve.

 He was intrigued by the spread of bullets fired at a single point of aim. He graduated from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1878 and from Boston University School of Medicine as a Doctor of Medicine.

 Verry interesting, - Cheers Rod,
I LIKE New Zealand (despite the bloody earthquakes).

Marty K.

1 comment:

  1. Hi There,
    Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
    Cartridge 6.5mm-Creedmore Grain Weight 147 Grains Quantity 500 Round Muzzle Velocity 2695 Feet Per Second Muzzle Energy 2370 Foot Pounds Bullet Style ELD MAtch Lead Free No Case Type Brass Primer Boxer Corrosive No Reloadable Yes.
    Email:support@tacticalammoshop.com
    Click here for more information:- more info

    ReplyDelete