Saturday 26 July 2014

BLING for my Just Right 9MM Carbine.

I've ordered a 'Hardy' over-barrel silencer to be fitted to my JRC 9mm 'A-cat' long-arm and am expecting a good-looking effective unit from a very professional sounding Auckland based outfit.



Fitted Silencer Should Look something Like This.
 
 I've also ordered a cheap set of Magpul polymer back-up sights advertised as second-generation:
 
 
These sights have a good on-line reputation .
 
I'm unsure whether my 'MBUS' sights are the genuine item or "rip-offs".  There are conflicting on-line descriptions of identifying features - however they appear to be very sturdy, well formed, and useable - the only clue to "bad" is that the clamp bolt for securing the sights is a hex-head rather than a slot-head. - As the purchase price was low - I'm not complaining (yet).

The 'Magpul' Back-Up Sights I bought Online.
Those shown in the Ad have slotted head bolts.

- Sometimes here in NZ there is a limited choice of products available and we are tempted to snap-up any item that looks promising without checking too deeply into its pedigree. (We are a small market and remotely located - closer to the Antarctic circle than we are to our big neighbour Australia.)

- I certainly don't have a problem with the MBUS sights being made from plastic (all right - polymer !) - as I've been using Glocks with plastic sights for more than 25 years with no complaint.
 
I've also taken a chance on a low-cost 3-9x42 EG Scope with a side-mounted Laser.
 
 
 
I'm not expecting too much from this unbranded (NcStar ?) item at the price - but who knows - you don't always get what you pay for even with the genuine gear - and it looks like 'the real thing' - so maybe if I'm gentle with her she'll do the job. - Again, there are mixed reviews on-line as to quality and performance - even claims that these are from the same Chinese factory that builds a similar branded scope.
 
 
- I've seen advice that you should pay at least twice as much for a telescopic-sight for a rifle as you paid for the gun - which may well be correct, - but if you don't have a fat bill-fold you have to be more experimental eh.
 
- Sometimes 'cheap and cheerful' works - like buying "Own-Brand" canned baked beans at the supermarket - Failing that - it does come with a Quick-Detachable mount to allow it to be easily thrown away - I've always got the "flipping" back-up sights! - maybe!
 
P.S: Here's a "funny" to make you smile:
 
Homeboy sights for Urban Cool.
"Hey Dude!"
 
Marty K
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment