Saturday 19 July 2014

Dirt Cheap .22"LR Snap Caps:

You learn something everyday eh - The only problem is when you get old and 'past-it' you forget several somethings every damn day!

Joke: "The older that I get - the more I believe in the Here-after. - I keep walking into rooms and wondering " what the hell am I in here after"!

- Some .22" RF guns are OK to dry-fire - but some can be damaged by the firing-pin hitting the edge of the chamber and that is not a good thing. - I have used fired cases as 'snap-caps' and that works fine - but I just came across an idea that is so good that I have to pass it on.


In USA this is known as a #4 drywall anchor - I'm not sure if we use the same name here in New Zealand (wall plugs) - but I'll certainly be looking for a pack next time I go hardware shopping.

Thanks are due to Greg Ellefritz and his Active Response Training site and his e-mailed "weekend knowledge dump" with the link to JTT (Jerking The Trigger.com) for this tip.

I happily told my mate John about it and he said "Didn't you know about that?" !! - Bloody know-all eh.

Marty K

No comments:

Post a Comment