Wednesday 30 July 2014

THE (Ruger) EAGLE HAS LANDED !

- Well, just when I was starting to get bored with the whole affair - I've been e-mailed to say that my Ruger SP101 8 shot .22 RF revolver has landed on the shores (- well, the under-bond cargo sheds) of our fair land.

  Again - it's not actually been sixty years - it just feels like it !!  I've been waiting over fifteen weeks since paying a deposit and will likely have another couple of weeks to go while the importer sorts-out his Customs import paper-work, delivers the package to the Auckland Firearms Dealer, who will then request my police 'Permit to Procure' be sent to him and then will be able to courier the package to me.

Then all I've got to do is drive down the mountain to the Central Police HQ with the piece (in a locked container) - and the permit, so that they can register its serial number to my files.



 It will be a pleasure !! - provided the bloody thing works properly when I get to try it on range - otherwise I'll have to reverse the whole procedure and return it to the Dealer who would have to return it to the importing agent - who would have to ship it back to America where Ruger might start the process all over.

It's times like these when I am tempted to don my spaghetti-strainer, 'religiously-significant' head covering and prostrate myself before the image of the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster - bless his pink and sticky appendages.

We will no doubt see.

P.S. - Isn't it tomorrow that former Minister of Police "The HONOURABLE "Military Style Semi-Auto" John Banks is due for sentencing for being found guilty of breach of electoral law? - I am eagerly anticipating his sentence !


Marty K

No comments:

Post a Comment