Friday 2 September 2016

Mossberg Brownie Pistol:

O F Mossberg - a Swedish-American founded his own firearms manufacturing business in 1919 to make his 'Brownie' four barrel .22" rim-fire pistol.

I never knew that Mossberg ever built anything short/handy until I spotted a photo in the 1976 first issue of "Pistol and Revolver Digest" (sometimes aka 'PARD').

Mossberg Brownie Four Shot .22" Long Rifle.


- Mind you - I didn't know that they had made a Martini action rifle in the past either..(M11?)

 Five Dollars!

Mossbergs built this wee gun from 1919 to 1932 with a double action and a rotating firing pin. - An early version was made by the Shattuck Company under licence to Mossberg when he worked there.

A very similar Model 422 was sold by Advantage Arms from 1985-1987.
Advantage Arms 422 Available in .22" Long Rifle & .22 Magnum.

There is(was?) also a 'Cop 357'
COP .357  (also Built by American Derringer Co. in 1990).

Marty K.

After researching & writing 1,036 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1. to get all this stuff from New Zealand - over a year that's nearly the price of one Shooting magazine. - Am I worth it?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/24075745

1 comment:

  1. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. home defensive pistol

    ReplyDelete