Monday 27 February 2017

Special Purpose Individual Weapons, Russian Tech. & 'Duplex' Projectiles::

I know next to nothing about Special Purpose Military Weapons - but I am fascinated by the utility of 'multi-projectile' loads and other possibilities. - 'DUPLEX' Loads (or 'Tandem') loads.

Springfield Armoury SPIW.

I am equally fascinated by the need to retain five digits on each hand - and have a strong distaste to earning the nickname or sobriquet "Stumpy".

 - CAUTION in all matters - especially regarding experimental Hand-Loading eh.

If you are a reader - you may enjoy the history material about the SPIW and Flechettes found by following this Link:

http://www.thegunzone.com/spiw.html?ref=binfind.com/web#top

 Stacked Bullets For .357 Magnum Revolvers.

I have personally loaded and shot duplex loads in the .357" Magnum10 mm Auto cartridges to use in 'Bowling Pin Matches' - and now in the 327 Federal Magnum.

I am less nervous trying stacked tandem loads in straight walled handgun cartridge cases than I would be even thinking about high velocity rifle cartridges - but that has been done.



'Doubletap' Equalizer Duplex 10 MM Load.

My Hard-Cast 10 mm.

- My thinking is that multi-ball loads have been around "for ever" .. think shotgun loads .. think 'Chain Shot'  and 'Bar Shot' in cannon.


When they're made-up carefully by experienced loaders - you should still be able to order four beers with one hand in your local.

A different approach:

- A recent Russian designed rifle - The Nikonov AN-94 achieves a "duplex-like" effect by using it's pulley mechanism in 'Burst Mode' to fire two rounds at a rate of 1,800 rounds per minute.

 Russian AN-94 Rifle.

These two shots are fired in 33 milliseconds - that's five times faster than 'the blink of an eye'.
- Both shots leaving the barrel before any recoil effect occurs.



Marty K.
After researching & writing 1,036 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1. to get all this stuff from New Zealand - over a year that's nearly the price of one Shooting magazine. - Am I worth it?

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16618870


1 comment:

  1. very informative and knowlegable post! thanks for sharing. if you are in Orlando you can check here for Active Shooter Response Training

    ReplyDelete