Sunday 6 January 2019

Political Hacks - Pick Your Favorite Cliches:

- May I take this opportunity to offend any 'p.c.' non-specific genders who are here accidentally .. by repeating my long term favorite joke:

Did you hear about the dyslexic, insomniac, agnostic ? - He (she or it) lay awake all night wondering if there really was a DOG.

Whenever I hear a politician or other overpaid 'fat-cat' use the phrase "moving forward" - or "..That's a very good question" - I know that this is another lying prick trying to 'spin' and push aside the truth.

- These phrases are two political escape hatches used to duck under the facts - and they are becoming so worn & tired .. no doubt due soon to be dropped & replaced by some other inventive lying executive side-step.
Old Chestnuts?

These are standard operating procedures used by the professionals (WE pay them) to wriggle out of trouble and to deflect problem facts - while giving them time to "move forward" in a different direction.

In the shooting world there are also too many old chestnuts still rattling about ..

Bring enough gun.

I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six.

- From my cold dead hands.

When guns are outlawed - only outlaws will have guns.

Guns don't kill people - people kill people.

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun - is a good guy with a gun.

The first rule of gun fighting - Have a gun.

When seconds count - police are only minutes away. (Typical US City response time is 11 minutes.)

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

Gun control means using both hands.

- Here is one that I like:

An armed man is a citizen - an unarmed man is a subject.


And another one .. "Extracting UK from the EU is like trying to remove the egg from a baked cake." - I really like that one 😃.

Of course there is some truth in cliches .. but relying on them to prove a point is lazy and avoids having to think.
__________________

 Ahh -'The Old West'  gunmen - You might need to think and use your 'judgement' here to determine were these two 'White hats' or 'baddies' - certainly they have complicated histories .. as did other characters:

Tom Ketchum (Black Jack) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Ketchum

John Selman. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Selman

Marty K.
After researching & writing 1,036 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1. to get all this stuff from New Zealand - over a year that's nearly the price of one Shooting magazine. - Am I worth it?

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16618870

No comments:

Post a Comment