Tuesday 8 January 2019

Standard Manufacturing S333 Double-Barrel Revolver:


This interesting development of their 'pepper-pot' guns is classed as a "volley fire" - as each pull of the trigger fires two .22" Magnum rounds .. from the eight round steel cylinder.
- So this 'aircraft grade' 7075 aluminum framed revolver has two barrels and two firing pins .. but only one trigger that features a "Glock Style" trigger safety - this early sample trigger accommodates two fingers.

 - Being able to use two fingers to fire this small revolver may make it a good choice for people having limited hand strength from injury or arthritis etc.

That grip shape appears to be an advanced 'ergonomic' feature too .. it should help minimize felt recoil.
- That 'two-finger' feature reminds me of the early squeeze cocker pocket guns. - LINK:


.. I think that palm pistols & squeeze-cockers are both fascinating and beautiful ..

I'm intrigued by this design as I love the concept of "duplex loads" anyway. - This eight chamber cylinder in .22" WMR releases TWO rounds for each shot. - The twin barrels are only 1.25 inches long so I would expect velocities to be under 900 feet per second and rather loud.
The big question hanging is build standards .. The quoted price is US$369 which is reasonable provided these are reliable and workmanlike.
Standard Manufacturing of New Britain, Connecticut, plan to have these ready for this years SHOT Show. - It will be important for them to offer a quality product.


Marty K.

P.S. I'd like to "put in a plug" here (unpaid) for the GRIP Master  hand strengtheners.
These really work to exercise & maintain your grip strength and come in a range of different power levels.
- very useful for pistol shooters. - I have used one for years now and it's stayed "like new".
M.K.

After researching & writing 1,036 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1. to get all this stuff from New Zealand - over a year that's nearly the price of one Shooting magazine. - Am I worth it?

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16618870

No comments:

Post a Comment