Thursday 24 January 2019

2019 Shot Show - Review from GHG plus Expert Comment ..

I spotted this review of new stuff from this years big Shot Show:

 http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/

Of course there seems to be the usual Heinz 57 Varieties of new improved 1911s that somehow remain unchanged from the fabled & miraculous GI originals .. but there are some innovations noted:

Standard Manufacturing seems to have turned-up with their S333 TWO BARREL - TWO FINGER REVOLVER .. so they may be serious ..
S333 'THUNDERSTRUCK'.

.. and Kel-Tec's CP33 x33 round magazine s/a pistol in .22" L/R Rim-Fire has debuted - suggesting that their earlier patent for a high capacity magazine version in 22" rim fire has been successfully developed from their groundbreaking PMR-30 guns in WMR caliber.

Kel-Tec High Capacity .22" L.R. Rim Fire Is The CP33.

That linked GHG show report is a good one.

Marty K.         -   POST SCRIPT:
Hi Marty

I looked at the SHOT show link on your last (this) post.  What a sad, tired and ugly bunch of crap!  It seems that the modern crop of gun ‘designers’ lack not only innovation and imagination, but also any appreciation of style or classic lines.

  The ‘new’ handguns seemed to be reincarnations of the Glock and Colt 1911 pistols with the addition of sharp edges, cumbersome optical sights, and rails for attaching useless equipment, and I would rather not talk about the sawn-off AR15 ‘pistols’.  The rifles were very ‘ho-hum’ and would have to collectively be the ugliest selection I have ever seen.
  
Mossberg’s ugly short shotguns may have some limited use as ‘room clearers’ but the stock design will enhance recoil and reduce control.  I suppose they will appeal to the ‘Walter Mitty’ set, and never get used apart from the first mag full at the range.  I despair for the future of firearms if this is the best they can come up with!

 Cheers, Rod Woods.

WhooHoo ! - I have to TOTALLY agree with you mate - in fact I'm relieved that somebody else thinks on the same lines as myself.. especially a 'someone' who knows WTF he's talking about.
M.K.

After researching & writing 1,040 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this blog .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1 to get all this stuff from New Zealand - Is it worth a dollar a month?https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16618870


No comments:

Post a Comment