Sunday 31 March 2019

LIMBSAVER Grip on Glock:

I'm trying one of these rubber "recoil reducing" sleeve grips after Zach our club/range tame gun-smith told me he'd got some in ex USA .. I had said I'd be cutting a length from a bicycle inner tube to see if it might further enlarge the G.19X grip feel for my longish hands ..
US Made LIMBSAVER from UNIQUETEK.

- You won't know if something is perfectly "Goldilocks" sized unless you try the next-up fit - & either love it or reject it eh.
(- there's a joke there: "Always choose a girl with small hands .. as it'll make yours look bigger.")

The Limbsaver feels surprisingly soft and 'tacky-grippy' to the touch .. Made from NAVCOM™ (Noise And Vibration Control Material) - it's really cumfy in the hand and the section that fits the back of the grip is cushioned/dimpled on the inside to absorb felt recoil. - Like me .. it really is a bit of a 'soft-touch'.

Easy to roll-onto the new coyote tan Glock 19X .. but I'm not sure 😏 .
Limbsaver On Glock 19 X.

- The 'Limbsaver' is very grippy and cushioned and maybe I like it - but having only fired 10 rounds "wearing it" .. It might be a soft-touch too far for me? - It is a brilliant design & material .. and it will be a protective sleeve over the nylon polymer (not that it needs protecting) .. but I don't have any recoil issues with 9x19 caliber Glocks .. certainly a forty caliber is somewhat snappy and my previous generation G17 had fairly sharp pimples that did dig in to my softening hands. Hmm - but on this one? Dunno.

Marty K.

No comments:

Post a Comment