Wednesday 22 July 2015

Rare Antique .58 Schubart Cartridge:

Here's something for the cartridge collectors. - I don't pretend to know anything about it but I'm showing it out of interest.

We are assured that this is the rare American .58 Schubarth internal pin-fire round, patented in 1861

- and it should not be confused with an even rarer, slightly earlier cartridge 'Gallager & Gladding Inside Primed Pin-Fire' Patent # 24,730 of 12 July 1859.
Gallager & Gadding.58"




Size Comparison with a .223"
- I read that the projectile used is actually a 'Minie Ball' - All I can add is that you can, literally - "learn something new every day" .. eh.
Marty K.
After researching & writing 1,036 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1. to get all this stuff from New Zealand - over a year that's nearly the price of one Shooting magazine. - Am I worth it?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/24075745

No comments:

Post a Comment