Friday 1 February 2019

Could You Spend A Dollar A Second?

I reckon that if I "earned" a dollar a second I'd be rich - How about you?

.. That works out to be $86,400 per day.
 - Or looking at it another way that would be $31.536 Million a year.

If New Zealand's wealthiest man Graeme Hart took pity on this old bugger by deciding to
redistribute just one of his $15 Billions and arranged to direct transfer it into my Kiwibank account at ONE DOLLAR A SECOND .. how long would it take him to transfer a billion to me so that I could pass it on?

Don't forget that his account would hardly go down at all - as his unearned income in the form of interest would keep-on rolling in. - At an interest rate of 5% on the $15 Billion .. that compounds to $767,428,468.23 unearned income a year

At 10% compound interest the original $15 Billion would accumulate $1,570,696,011.62 - that's $1.57 Billion interest per year.

- Well the answer to that silly question is  - At one dollar per second it would take Graeme 31.71 years to transfer a billion dollars into my account.

.. Dream on.

.. When I was about 19 years old walking back to my rented room after work - near the Catholic Cathedral in Victoria London - an old dosser tapped me up for a cigarette .. "Can you spare a fag mate" I dug out my pack of 'Senior Service' from my suit jacket to give him one and, as there were only around 5 or 6 in it I gave him the pack. Well I've never been so embarrassed in my 18 years as he must have called out "GOD BLESS YOU SIR" as I walked on at least four or five times and everyone was looking at me.

I'd be happy to bless Graeme.

Marty K.
After researching & writing 1,046 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this blog .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1 to get all this stuff from New Zealand - Is it worth a dollar a month? https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16618870

No comments:

Post a Comment