Saturday 23 February 2019

New Semi-Autos On Range

I took both my Precious's .. My Birthday Presents, up the range today .. in the rain too. - It was such a crappy day that somebody lit the pot-belly wood heater at the firing line.

We are being forecast nasty cold Southerly weather up from the Antarctic ice - despite this still being late summer.

Both semi-autos functioned 100% *despite being spotted with the rain .. as was I. - I used two different lots of 'two-two' ammo .. Winchester 555 bulk 36 grain and CCI Mini-Mags .. all up I think I put 90 rounds through the Ruger Mk IV  - it's muzzle is now lightly smoked.

*I cannot tell a lie - one of the Winchester bulk rounds in the Ruger .22" (the 8th round from the 8th magazine) misfed and bent but I straightened it and reloaded & fired it .. not bad for a semi-auto two-two maybe getting grubby?
- I then fed my new Glock 19X on both Blazer 115gn ball ammo and Federal Hollow-points, followed by a magazine load of locally made hard cast rounds. They all ran like clockwork mice which is pleasing straight out of the box.

Shooting rapid fire at around 7 or 8 meters the holes consistently grouped inside the '8' ring with both calibers on all three paper targets scoring one dropped or pulled shot into the '7' ring - fairly typical for me.

I stripped the Mk.IV to clean, dry & lube it .. and it was a little sooty at the breech face area .. but I did have to find my 5/64" hex.key to pinch-up the front sight that was moving a touch.

I owe Ruger an apology for my earlier irritable whinge about their magazine disconnect on the Mk. IV. - It did not in any way interfere with the loaded pistols function. I still don't think it serves any useful function but there you go .. there will no doubt be some who'd say that about me too 😊.

I'm impressed and pleased with both firearms.

Marty K.
Could Be..
You can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1 to get all this stuff from New Zealand:        https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16618870

No comments:

Post a Comment