Monday 11 November 2019

Police-Prohibited .. Profit-Possible:

There's been a lot of rain up here for several days giving me an excuse for staying inside .. but I had a great day last Thursday - The sun was shining - and State Highway Seven had lovely wild flowers smiling from the grassy verges most of the way into town for my second date with prohibition.
"A frog he would a-wooing go,"

At the hand-in venue - located in a big gun shop - I was treated in a friendly & attentive manner .. the two bulky looking uniformed police guys said "G'Day" and laughed when I told them I was there "to surrender" .. and the team of  'contractors' processed my two hand-ins in a smooth & practised manner.

"GONE .. & YOU NEVER SAID GOODBYE"

Yes well - sadly that's another couple of  'old friends' departed for ever - to that great scrapyard in the sky (- I removed the 4 x scope for future needs 😃). - My pair of Filipino STIRLING two-two rabbit guns are no more .. surrendered as PROHIBITED WEAPONS.

- They  had to go because the rushed and rash government MSSA BAN states that their fifteen round rim-fire magazines made them too dangerous to remain in civilian ownership in New Zealand - and I decided that the cost to have the naughty magazines altered by an approved gunsmith ($140 each with certificate) was prohibitive ..

This futile & undemocratic PROHIBITION will be great for business - as most shooters I know will be replacing & updating their forced confiscations.

I suppose "society" should be thankful that I managed to control both of these now prohibited "weapons" (and myself) for the last THIRTY-THREE YEARS since 1986 when I bought the first one.

I can tell you in confidence - now that the buy-back dollars are safely in my bank account - that I had bought the shorter rabbit gun from the NZ Police themselves at a Police & Customs Auction for $40 .. and the $420 that they gave me to BUY-it-BACK is gratefully accepted but is far less than the listed value.

Considering the pleasure and good use that I'd had from this excellent & most serviceable old "pea-rifle" small-bore - it's appreciation as an asset is much appreciated.

.. They only gave me $245 for the longer version .. as it's varnished woodwork was all scratched and tatty .. that's OK as I'd only paid $60 for that one more recently ..
_______________


They had also previously given me $210 for two Chinese Type 56 x 30 round banana mags (AK 47 look-a-likes) .. that I had been given (.. four of them .. two previously sold) by the then arms officer yonks ago as unwanted confiscations. - I have enjoyed very good relations with police arms officers over the years 😄.

.. So - more laughter from the counter staff as I teased-out the real prices from the ticket prices & I spent a little of my 'misgotten' gains on some (x250) Federal 'BlackPack' 9mm FMJ and  CCI  .22" L/R standard velocity bulk ammo and headed-off back up country with a cheery smile on my face ..

Of course - Life is good eh,

P.S. Everyone who has insight into violent crime and terrorism understands that the current "clamp-down" on New Zealand's lawful sport shooting community is merely political "public relations spin".

- It punishes the only select grouping of mature trustworthy law abiding & proven  fit and proper persons with Licenses - while failing to address the reality of an under-resourced overloaded and misdirected Police Service and Justice system.

That murderous Mosque killer would NOT have been granted a firearms license if the authorities had carried-out their legal duties .. and the removing of our RIGHTS will not remedy that fact.

Politicians are once again choosing to be SEEN DOING SOMETHING .. rather than actually addressing the reality resulting from years of political neglect.

Marty K.

No comments:

Post a Comment