Friday 10 October 2014

Technology links Shooting to SCUBA:

I'm feeling rather pleased ("chuffed" with myself as we POMMIES would say!) - I just found an old photograph of myself diving sometime back in the 1974 /75 era and tried to scan it into my PC - really just to see if I could do it. - Well "simple" you might say - but to an old fart of %*****y who was brought-up using a brush and pan to collect the milk-mans horse poo from the street outside our London home for dads roses...

 - For someone who learnt to write by dipping a pen nib into an inkwell I feel that I have made something of a moon walk!

A Younger ME - Forty Plus Years Ago.
 
In an early story (SCUBA Diving Into CANNISTER SHOT 10/01/2014) I told how I dived onto the wreck of the Volnay bringing-up lead-shot-canister - melting-down the lead into home-made weight belt weights.
 
 
 
I reckon that 'gun people' have a bit in common with 'car-nuts', bikers, fliers, divers, hunters,  'screen-ager' geeks, maybe even blacksmiths and engineers in general. - Is there perhaps a fascination here with how things work - what happens if I try to do 'this'?  - No idea if this is so - except that's the way I have found things in my personal experience.
 
 
All these types seem to buck convention by doing individual activities (not 'team sport') that tend to involve heavy toys that make noise. - Swimming against the tide of the PC Crowd .
 
Marty K.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment