Saturday 8 August 2015

AuSteyr EF88 "on test":

Australian Defence Forces of # 1 Royal Australian Regiment based in Townsville  (part of the 3rd Brigade) in Northern Australia are reported to be testing the new version of the Steyr AUG known as the AuSteyr EF88.


AuSteyr EF88 - Interesting Camouflage Pattern eh.

- Even more interesting to me is the double optical sighting system mounted on top

 - I recall that our NZDF were complaining that their old current model AUGs were limited for usable range by the 1:1 optical sights as issued.


______________

This week-end, New Zealand is remembering the tragic sacrifice made by our armed forces in the attack to take Chunuk Bair on the Gallipoli Peninsula during the World War 1 'Dardenelles'  Campaign'.

August 1915

Marty K.
After researching & writing 1,036 blogs I've got something NEW to try .. I've signed-up to Patreon. - In over five years I've not made one cent from this .. NOW you can send me a wee support $ - starting from $1. to get all this stuff from New Zealand - over a year that's nearly the price of one Shooting magazine. - Am I worth it?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/24075745

No comments:

Post a Comment